Our scope widens to the broader community with National Days of Service. Spearheaded by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), the following days seek to connect National Service members across the country to volunteer projects happening in their communities. At Arizona Serve, these events are an opportunity for members and the community at large to come together, make new connections, and work as one team. These might be single Days of Service, but we also encourage volunteerism throughout the year and are always willing to connect interested community members to our partner organizations.
MLK Day of Service is the only federal holiday observed as a national day of service – a "day on, not a day off." Arizona Serve celebrates this "day on" by planning service projects to celebrate King's legacy.
- Create re-usable bags donated to People Who Care
- Create fleece blankets donated to Prescott Area Shelter Services
- Granite Mountain School Clean-up with the City of Prescott
- Prescott Valley Antelope Park Clean-Up
- Chino Valley Community Center Park Clean-Up
- Toiletries Drive for Local Shelters
Mayors and city leaders, county officials, and tribal leaders across the country are using national service more and more to solve their community’s toughest challenges; this day spotlights their impact and thanks those who serve.