Arizona Serve provides organizations in Yavapai and Pima County with a cost-effective means to further their mission. Are you a nonprofit, school, or public agency? We want to brainstorm possible collaborations. AmeriCorps members do not replace staff or volunteers and are not meant to simply fill office functions. Our members are service-learning gap fillers who are best harnessed by furthering intentional and specific projects. Such as:
- Expanding access to housing among refugee families.
- Creating a dual-enrollment initiative for high school seniors.
- Leveraging a college internship program to include service-learning.
- Increasing access to healthcare and healthy food options.
- Promoting health equity and opportunities for individuals in public health career paths.
AmeriCorps VISTA members help organizations build their capacity to address poverty. These members help organizations develop curriculum, write grants, document systems and processes, pilot new programs, or implement outreach campaigns.
AmeriCorps State members provide direct services for low-income community members. These members tutor students, deliver nutrition education workshops, help connect families with affordable housing, provide Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), and much more.